Hello Spring 2021 Phillies 5s Families!
My name is Dale Kline and I am excited to coach your kids, alongside assistant coaches Dan Sweet, Pat Bolger and Bill Cederroth. We are looking forward to a great (and fun) season of Teeball!
For your convenience, below, please find some helpful information:
- Technology: You can find our schedule, roster and helpful general information (maps, handouts, equipment requirements, best practices, etc) on the DSLL website (links below):
- Schedule Changes: If we have schedule changes, we will update the SportsSignUp Play app as well as send an email to everyone. Please let me know if there are other email addresses you want me to include on the email chain (you should have all received an initial email from me on 4/8/21)
- Our upcoming schedule is as follows:
- First Event: Team practice - Saturday, April 17th at 12PM – 12:50PM @Teegarden #3, Berwyn
- Practice: Weekly every Tuesday from 5:45PM – 6:30PM starting on April 20th @ Teegarden #2 or #3, Berwyn (please check schedule)
- Parking closest to Teegarden #2 is Teegarden West entrance: 609 Cassatt Road, Berwyn
- Team Clinic: Saturday, April 24th at 9AM @ Grand Slam, Malvern
- Games: Every Saturday, First game is on May 1st 10:15AM @ Teegarden #2 or #3
- All of our games will be at Berwyn, Teegarden #2 or #3 at the various times listed in our schedule on the website (mostly 10:15AM).
- Equipment: Each player should have sneakers or rubber cleats only (metal cleats are not allowed) a glove, a helmet, a bat, water bottle with their name on it, Covid face mask
- The league requires each kid have their own bat and that they do not share due to the COVID protocols
- Please label all personal items with your child’s name
- The league provides a jersey and a baseball hat. Longs pants are recommended but kids can wear shorts.
- At this age, we will welcome as many parent volunteers for the practices and games (please bring a glove if you have one).
- League rules/Positions & Batting:
We hope this info is helpful, please feel free to reach out for any questions. Looking forward to a (safe) and FUN season!
Coach Dale, Coach Dan, Coach Pat and Coach Bill
From DSLL - A few safety items for the upcoming season:
1. No player may have a bat in their hand until they are at the plate. On their way to plate or at the plate they may take some practice swings. We may need parent help with this at younger levels.
2. All players must complete and bring to their coaches at the first practices this Medical Release form. Coaches must keep these forms in the equipment bags in case of emergency. These forms are NOT collected by the league so please do not email them to email@example.com
Specific additional safety information will be provided by coaches through their division heads.